(If one dies when they don’t breathe, imagine what happens when they don’t read!)
Because we believe we will be extinct if we don’t write, and that we will be substantively dead if we don’t read, we advocate for the two areas above through the following ways.
- Writers Evening Lounge: Every Friday, from 3pm at I and M Building,9th Floor(Kenyatta Avenue, Nairobi), we bring a number of Stakeholders in writing to share, interact and grow.
- Campus Chapter Program: So far, we are present in Eldoret(Writers Guild Kenya, Moi University), Mombasa(Writers Guild Kenya, Mombasa Chapter-based in KU Mombasa Campus), Kakamega(Writers Guild Kenya, Masinde Muliro Chapter), Writers Guild Kenya,Kenyatta University Chapter(Main Campus), Writers Guild Kenya, Makini School.
- Publications: After we have inspired you, guided you and helped you to write, what next? We published you. So far, we have published: Through the Journey of Hope ; A Poetry Anthology by new generational writers, those from our set up. You too, deserve to be published.
- Writing/Reading Expeditions: These are activities done periodically in different regions with a view to encouraging writing and reading. Activities during Expeditions include: Book Reviews, Community Visits & Outreach, Book Donations, High School Visits, Poetry Performances & Fiesta.
- Holistic Growth Programs: These are programs which might not be directly related to writing but are in one way or another meant to grow our Writers. Together with our partners, we know that these are the platforms you require most to ensure that you grow.